Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for 6 years and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally.
Expedient is looking for ambitious talent to join our team as a Sales Development Representative. We foster an environment that allows employees to grow and to be compensated for their effort and success.
This position will work closely with the sales team to deliver qualified conversations and meetings. They will leverage email, social networking, sales and lead-generation tools, events, programs, and various platforms to identify, encircle and engage qualified prospects. The goal of the SDR position is for the candidate to learn our industry and our selling process. We are open to hiring this role in one of the following Expedient markets: Phoenix, AZ; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Pittsburgh, PA; Baltimore, MD; Memphis, TN; Boston, MA; or Indianapolis, IN.
Direct applicants only; sponsorship is not provided
• Generate qualified sales conversations and appointments for Account Executives to further develop and close
• Daily outreach via email, social networking/social media, and occasional targeted phone calls to new prospects within the existing Salesforce database, and maintaining active engagement with prospects
• Perform research on companies as a component of lead-generation and qualification activities utilizing the web and other research tools available
• Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information
• Attend and engage prospects at networking events, IT meetups and other programming opportunities
• Work with the sales team to identify key target accounts within their assigned territories for outreach campaigns
• Utilize social network tools to maximize prospecting efforts
• Review analytics from monthly email campaigns and follow up on areas of opportunity
• Consistently achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly performance targets for activity metrics and qualified appointments
• 1-2 years of sales experience (preferably with a technology product/service)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must successfully pass pre-employment screens
• Must have a valid driver's license and provide proof of current personal automobile insurance to comply with company policy
A successful candidate will exhibit the following traits, skills, and knowledge:
• Highly competitive and driven to exceed expectations
• Ability to conceive and execute a multi-pronged and multi-channel strategy to encircle and engage prospects
• Sense of urgency
• Proven hunting mentality
• Tenacious in engaging prospects
• Ability to collaborate with and learn from more experienced Account Executives
• Constant desire for self-improvement and honest self-assessment
• Solid critical thinking skills
• Always looking for better and faster ways to solve problems
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We place an extremely high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. Therefore, we make education and training available to all employees through a very robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, extremely affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success. Expedient Operations Support Center employees enjoy a relaxed dress code and we stock our kitchens with free snacks and beverages for our all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest. If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.