The Expedient Network Engineer will design and configure network virtual and cloud services connecting clients to their public, private, multi-site cloud and traditional colocation datacenters. Our Network Engineers work with latest in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), firewalls, content security and threat prevention, remote access, and network automation as they facilitate the deployment of new and/or migration of the client’s workload to Expedient platforms.
The Network Engineer Needs:
- Demonstrated level of competency with the following technologies:
- Software-defined networking such as VMware NSX or another major technology provider
- Virtual private networks
- Network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and MPLS)
- Firewalls and security products
- Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches
The Network Engineer Will:
- Develop and construct a successful design, implementation, and migration plan for the Expedient client based on the project specs
- Deliver standard network services during project implementations for the client
- Provision VLANs, VxLANs, and IP routing connectivity inter/intra datacenter and to/from client premise
- Work with EVPN, BGP, MPLS, dedicated private circuits, and spine-leaf architecture
- Deploy and configure network appliances
- Implement Security Firewalls (including content filtering, log management, intrusion detection and prevention)
- Implement Load Balancers, Remote access, and VPNs; NSX Distributed Routers
- Implement network disaster recovery services and participate in client testing
- Trusted advisor for clients during configuration of content security, logging and threat management services
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We prioritize ongoing education and continuous innovation to remain at the forefront of the information technology landscape. Our commitment to learning is reflected in our comprehensive employee training and tuition reimbursement programs, which are driven by our employees and funded by Expedient 100%.
For our full-time employees we offer an exceptional benefits package including three weeks of paid time off annually that increases with tenure plus your birthday off and a health holiday to be used for preventive care. We offer parental leave, top-tier medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance, at an affordable rate, wellness engagement opportunities, and a 401(k) with a generous match.
We also recognize the importance of a comfortable and convenient work environment. We offer a hybrid work model for many roles, paid parking and other perks.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.