Business Intelligence Architect
- Full Time
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
Sponsorship is not provided. Direct applicants only -- no 3rd-party staffing.
Expedient is looking for a Business Intelligence Solutions Architect to join our Information Systems team. This individual will lead the design and execution Expedient’s BI strategy with the goal of providing solutions for high impact needs across the organization using best-of-breed technologies. This position will own all phases of the BI solutions lifecycle including stakeholder engagement, requirements analysis, collaboration with the engineering to implement data warehousing, data lake and ETL practices, and the deployment and management of reporting, dashboards, and analytics.
The Information Systems team utilizes the latest SaaS and cloud-native technologies and practices to build and maintain distributed software solutions that enable clients and internal teams to collaborate, sell, deliver, and support Expedient’s cloud services and solutions. These applications include CRM, ERP, billing and revenue management, analytics and more. Expedient does not work with 3rd party staffing agencies, recruiters or consultants for hiring. Sponsorship is not provided for this position.
We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past 6 years and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally. For more information about Expedient, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Architect:
- Work as part of a small, entrepreneurial team to design and implement new data warehouse/data lake practices
- Deploy reports and analytics with Snowflake, MySQL and Tableau
- Design and implement data warehouse practices and system architecture
- Collaborate with the Data Engineer role to build and deploy ETL/ELT processes to deliver data from siloed sources into SaaS-based data warehouses such as Snowflake or on-prem solutions such as MySQL
- Elevate Expedient’s data governance practices
Required Qualifications of the Business Intelligence Architect:
- Required skills:
- SQL (MySQL, PLSQL), data modeling
- Cloud-based data warehouses: Snowflake or Redshift
- Experience with SaaS-based iPaaS or ETL tools such as Mulesoft, Informatica, Mattilion, FiveTran or Workato
- Experience with BI reporting tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Optional skills:
- Programming experience with Python, Go or similar language
- Minimum five years’ experience as a BI Analyst or architect
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
- Ability to clearly document implemented solutions
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
Employee benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off to start; 9 paid holidays; affordable medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401(k) with a generous match; short-term disability pay and long-term disability insurance; life insurance, plus a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. We place a high value on lifelong learning, and we make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven tuition and training reimbursement program. We work in a relaxed, forward-thinking environment with a casual dress code and cutting-edge tools and resources for our employees.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.