IT Support Specialist-(F)
- Columbus, OH
- Full Time
- Operations Support Center
- Entry Level
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past 6 years and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally.
We are hiring an IT Support Specialist in our Columbus / Upper Arlington data center. This full-time position will be responsible for monitoring the systems, networks and services as well as taking requests, fielding job tickets and responding to questions from Expedient clients.
This is a great tier 1 job opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on experience in a data center/networking/virtualization environment and start a career in IT with growth potential and professional development opportunities. This position has a shift of 7am to 7pm EST Sunday-Tues and alternating Wednesdays. Flexibility is appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of services we provide, Expedient employs essential workers, based on the CDC guidelines. Due to COVID-19, many employees are currently working remotely. However, there are critical positions, such as this one, that require a physical presence on-site in the data center. As a result, every effort is being made to ensure the protection of our employees.
Sponsorship is not provided.
- Process and prioritize incoming client phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in clients to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with clients and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (for example: CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring client support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Professional and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment screens
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts or help to provide coverage if/as needed
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place an extremely high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. Therefore, we make education and training available to all employees through a very robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, extremely affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success. Expedient Operations Support Center employees enjoy a relaxed dress code, and we stock our kitchens with free snacks and beverages for our all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.