Expedient is looking for ambitious talent to join our team as a Business Development Representative.
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting, and security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for 6 years, and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally.
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll work closely with our marketing and client/partner sales teams to identify qualified future clients, and deliver qualified conversations and meetings. You’ll hold a pivotal role in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Through your persistence, determination and creativity, your success will directly impact the mission to deliver enterprise cloud platforms that accelerate our clients’ business transformation, simplify their IT operations and enable their desired business outcomes.
What you’ll do:
• Actively generate leads from prospecting, leveraging various world-class tools and applications
• Engage leads created by marketing initiatives and corporate-driven initiatives related to Expedient’s products, offerings and solutions
• Identify decision-makers and buying groups among targeted leads to initiate the sales process
• Understand and convey the Expedient mission and expansive products and solutions to future clients
• Effectively and independently deliver the vision and value proposition for the given solution, demonstrating a keen understanding of market conditions, competitive landscape, and clients’ business goals and pressures
• Develop a targeted set of opportunities ahead of handing them off to client-facing sales teams to engage, solution, win and deploy
How you’ll do it:
• Work with the marketing, sales and partner teams to identify prospects indicating intent based on AI-based tooling
• Experiment with new and creative prospecting strategies and provide feedback to marketing, peers and leadership
• Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly targeted objectives and KPIs, including number of leads created, meetings held and opportunities launched
• Maintain a high level of solution expertise and competitive intelligence as well as a detailed understanding of the Expedient product and solution portfolio
• Demonstrate products, features and functions to develop and progress opportunities
• Ensure qualified opportunities are successfully handed off to Field Sales for successful progression to closure
• Partner effectively with the marketing team to ensure timely dispensation of leads
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1-2 years of sales experience
A successful candidate will exhibit the following traits, skills and knowledge:
• Highly competitive and driven to exceed expectations
• Ability to conceive and execute a multi-pronged and multi-channel strategy to encircle and engage prospects
• Tenacious in engaging prospects—but it’s critical to have the ability to read people, especially in exclusively digital interactions
• Constant desire for self-improvement and honest self-assessment
• Passionate about delivering outcomes that delight clients
• Intellectually curious with solid critical-thinking skills
• Eager to learn sales practices, collaborate with others and a strong desire to advance their sales career; open to coaching and feedback
• Exceptional time-management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
• Transparent, humble and hungry to collaborate with their team
• Personable, with an ability to engage with prospects, form genuine relationships, that build trust and confidence in Expedient and what we can help the prospects and clients achieve
• Demonstrable skills with Salesforce, Pardot, Outreach, LinkedIn InMail (and other systems), Twitter
- Experience with ZoomInfo and 6Sense
- Sales experience in the cloud and tech space
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.