Expedient is actively hiring a Facilities Engineer to manage the maintenance and facilities operations of the data center in our Phoenix, Arizona. Previous data center experience is preferred but not necessary.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operational tasks in support of operations in the data center and office facility. This position may be called upon outside of normal business hours if a situation comes up that requires immediate attention. This is a customer-facing role. The Facilities Engineer will represent Expedient while working with clients and vendors both on and off-site.
Benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. For more information about Expedient's products/solutions, benefits, culture, leadership, teams, and other open positions, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
Requirements for the Facilities Engineer
- No less than 5 years of experience as an electrician in a technical environment
- H.S. Diploma, Journeyman Experience, Licensed Electrician, or an Electrical Associates Degree. Military electricians with 5 or more years of service are encouraged to apply. Former Lead Operating Engineers or Facilities Managers with an electrical background may be a good fit
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills; must be organized
- A safety minded work ethic and a respect for utilities, tools, and power systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with electrical systems, simple controls, and mechanical systems
- Ability to read, comprehend, and work from technical documents, blueprints, one-lines, and electrical schematics
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC equipment a plus
- Microsoft office and basic computer skills are not required, but a willingness to learn is
Responsibilities of the Facilities Engineer
- Electrical repairs and hard wiring installation of 120/208 Volt circuits to include 208 Volt 3 phase circuits
- Partner with a wide variety of vendors; providing access to secure areas of the data center and monitoring work of vendors
- Monitor and schedule vendor repairs of UPS, HVAC, motors, controls, plumbing, back-up generator systems and similar equipment
- Repair and maintenance of all aspects of the physical plant, with a focus on electrical systems
- Corrective and preventive maintenance. Perform non-scheduled or emergency maintenance when required to support continuous operations
- Analyze and solve electrical and mechanical problems which cause interruptions or otherwise limit productive capacity of all data center equipment
- Must be familiar with and strictly adhere to safety guidelines and OSHA regulations
- Lifting. Frequently lifts lightweight items, and occasionally lifts heavy weight materials such as equipment parts
- Manual Dexterity. Ability to operate tools, to work on equipment and to do equipment installations
- Must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places as required
Skills & Traits
Successful Facilities Electrician skills and personality traits include:
- Strong electrical foundation
- Basic computer skills or strong willingness to learn
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We prioritize ongoing education and continuous innovation to remain at the forefront of the information technology landscape. Our commitment to learning is reflected in our comprehensive employee training and tuition reimbursement programs, which are driven by our employees and funded by Expedient.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including three weeks of paid time off annually that increases with tenure plus your birthday off and a health holiday to be used for preventive care. We offer parental leave, top-tier medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance, at an affordable rate, wellness engagement opportunities, and a 401(k) with a generous match.
We also recognize the importance of a comfortable and convenient work environment. We offer a hybrid work model for many roles, paid parking and other perks.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.