Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
Sponsorship is not provided. Direct applicants only -- no 3rd-party staffing.
Expedient is looking to hire a Cloud Native Application Developer to join our Information Systems team. This position will work collaboratively to build systems applications utilized by internal and external customers. This is a role that will require a self-starter who is strong in applications development as well as systems engineering and DevOps.
The Information Systems team is fundamental to ensuring that all Expedient's systems are continuously operating and functioning; this team is the internal backbone of the organization that provides the platforms for continued growth through client billing, CRMs, the client support portal and many other critical systems.
We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past 6 years and ranked among the Top 3 Managed Service Providers globally. For more information about Expedient, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
Responsibilities of the Cloud Application Developer:
- Join Expedient's talented Information Systems team to design, build, maintain and improve web applications and internal/external systems that support the cloud and managed service business
- Leverage cloud-native technologies to deliver distributed applications using modern platforms and practices such as Kubernetes, Go and React. Work on projects to migrate from monolith PHP applications to microservices written in Go.
- Work on a high-performance Scrum team to build great tools and have an impact; attend daily stand-ups, contribute to individual project progression as well as assist the team on projects
- Partner with other members of the IS team to troubleshoot issues, return systems to proper functions and develop root cause; share on-call duties with other teammates to resolve problems or issues 24/7
- Keep current on technologies related to Expedient's internal infrastructure, systems, platforms and resources
Required Qualifications of the Cloud Application Developer:
- Experience working with MySQL or similar relational database such as PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Experience and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies and platforms, especially as it relates to Kubernetes and DevOps
- Experience writing applications which consume and/or serve REST APIs
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Experience with containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience using automation platforms such as Argo, GitHub Actions or Jenkins to manage continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with other technologies we utilize: Linux, NGINX, Git, Go, PHP
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable presenting and discussing code in a group setting
- Strong communication skills
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
Employee benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off to start; 9 paid holidays; affordable medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401(k) with a generous match; short-term disability pay and long-term disability insurance; life insurance, plus a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. We place a high value on lifelong learning, and we make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven tuition and training reimbursement program. We work in a relaxed, forward-thinking environment with a casual dress code and cutting-edge tools and resources for our employees.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.