IT Support Analyst - (B)
Expedient Memphis is hiring an IT Support Analyst to work in our data center in Memphis, Tennessee.
We hire people who are smart and are passionate about technology. We hire people who care about helping our clients and solving problems. We hire people who we can promote. The IT Support Analyst, in our Memphis, Tennessee data center, will join the Operations Support Center (OSC) team and will receive fully paid training (including outside industry certs, if you want to pursue) and hands-on experience with a variety of technical platforms including virtualization technology, networking, data protection, Windows, disaster recovery, managed back-ups, cybersecurity, Linux/Unix and infrastructure.
If you are looking for a job to apply your IT knowledge and technical experience as well as gain invaluable exposure to dozens of different kinds of technology, you may be the perfect candidate for this role.
Expedient, a provider of data centers; offers multi-cloud platforms that provide hosting and cyber security solutions to its clients. For more information about our cloud technology and solutions, please visit us at www.expedient.com
Experience: Applicants should be able to show professional work experience in technology; acceptable experience includes 2 years in an IT environment where you have successfully helped clients by answering questions in job tickets, emails and phone as well as oversaw data security monitoring and data protection.
The Schedule and Shift Premium: This position operates on a regular schedule of Thursday through Saturday from 7am to 7pm. Additionally, lunch breaks are fully paid for all IT Support Analysts working 12 hour shifts.
Professional Development & Training: Expedient places high value on professional development and education. We will cover the costs, up front, for our IT Support Analysts to obtain relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Network + etc. Certain certifications that are higher in difficulty to obtain have attached bonuses for completion.
Rate of Pay & Bonus: In addition to fully paid breaks, you will be paid every 2 weeks and earn the hourly rate of pay, which is closely based on your technical experience and knowledge, work experience and/or academic experience. This mid-level position needs a passionate seeker of technology who is interested in solving problems while pursuing their career in IT. Range of pay can vary depending on market and shift and, will be between $37,000 and $49,000 and is again based on your experience and the learning curve.
PLEASE NOTE: We are an essential business due to our support of clients in industries such as healthcare, financial services, public utilities and other critical infrastructure. Because this is considered a critical position in the organization, a physical presence, on-site in the data center is required. As a result, every effort is being made to ensure the protection of our employees and our job candidates in the data center.
- Process and prioritize incoming client phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in clients to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with clients and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution and
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (for example: CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring client support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Professional and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
Sponsorship is not provided. Expedient does not engage with third-party recruiting or staffing firms.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT: We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, plus top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, as well as 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.