Expedient provides businesses with multi-cloud technology solutions, cybersecurity, server colocation, IT disaster recovery and managed Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). We are a leader in our industry and a repeated Top Workplace winner. For information about our solutions, our people, our culture and our leaders, visit www.expedient.com
We are looking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer with practical field experience to take on operational and technical projects and to support onsite Data Center Facility Engineers and Electricians. This position will oversee day-to-day safety and functionality of Expedients Pittsburgh data center as well as provide training, troubleshoot complex power and cooling issues, provide additional support during preventive maintenance routines, and assist with vendor management.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Assist with planning and operational support for all aspects of the Expedient data center, with an emphasis on the physical plant, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Review and audit facility inspections and maintenance routines
- Analyze and resolve complex electrical and mechanical problems within the data center.
- Procure and gather detailed data to produce engineering studies for capacity planning
- Review MOP’s and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure accuracy and reliability; create, review, and update drawings as required using AutoCAD
- Manage contractors and vendors in the data center facilities for maintenance and new construction.
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with electrical projects.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in writing, in-person and via telephone.
- Ability to read and understand detailed electrical and mechanical prints
- Must possess high level analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with a proven record of accuracy and thoroughness in all projects.
Salary for this role is negotiable and estimated between $80k to $110k. We will consider all applicants based on experience.
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying current and competitive in the tech arena. Education and training are available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program ~ costs are covered by Expedient 100%. Employee benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off per year, parental leave, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match. We offer hybrid work environment, paid parking, fully stocked kitchens, gym-membership assistance and many other benefits for our employees.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equal consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.