Cloud Native Software Engineer Remote
US Applicants Only
Expedient is looking to hire a Cloud Native Software Engineer to join our Information Systems team. This position will work collaboratively to build systems applications utilized by internal and external customers. This is a role that will require a self-starter who is strong in applications development as well as systems engineering and DevOps. Sponsorship is not provided. Direct applicants only.
The Expedient Information Systems team is fundamental to ensuring that all Expedient's systems are continuously operating and functioning; this team is the internal backbone of the organization that provides the platforms for continued growth through client billing, CRMs, the client support portal and many other critical systems.
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and cybersecurity and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. For more information about Expedient, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
Responsibilities of the Cloud Native Software Engineer:
- Design, build, maintain and improve web applications and internal/external systems that support the cloud and the business
- Leverage cloud-native technologies to deliver distributed applications using modern platforms such as Kubernetes, Go and React or Angular.
- Develop/execute projects to migrate from monolith PHP applications to microservices written in Go.
- Work on a high-performance Scrum team to build great tools and have an impact; attend daily stand-ups, collaborate on ideas to improve developer experience and tooling
Required Qualifications of the Cloud Native Software Engineer
- Experience working with MySQL or similar relational database such as PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Experience and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies and platforms, especially as it relates to Kubernetes and DevOps
- Experience writing applications which consume and/or serve REST APIs
- Ability to collaborate effectively and produce results independently
- Experience with containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience using automation platforms such as Argo, GitHub Actions or Jenkins to manage continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with other technologies we utilize: Linux, NGINX, Git, Go, PHP
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting and discussing code in a group setting
Salary is directly commensurate with experience. Annual salary $130k
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We prioritize ongoing education and continuous innovation to remain at the forefront of the information technology landscape. Our commitment to learning is reflected in our comprehensive employee training and tuition reimbursement programs, which are driven by our employees and funded by Expedient.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including three weeks of paid time off annually that increases with tenure plus your birthday off and a health holiday to be used for preventive care. We offer parental leave, top-tier medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance, at an affordable rate, wellness engagement opportunities, and a 401(k) with a generous match.
We also recognize the importance of a comfortable and convenient work environment. We offer a hybrid work model for many roles, paid parking and other perks.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.