IT Product Development Internship
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and security, and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. For more information about Expedient's solutions and services, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
You must live in one of the following cities to qualify for the part-time internship: Pittsburgh, PA; Cleveland, Ohio or Columbus, Ohio.
Expedient is looking to hire several paid interns onto our Product Development Team. These positions will work closely with our Principal Technologists to investigate new technologies in cloud computing, turn them into usable products that can be easily provisioned for our clients. This is a role that is perfect for someone excited to explore new technologies.
The Internship would be located in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, North Shore office. The opportunity will allow for a hybrid work experience where remote options will be available as the candidate is onboarded. This paid internship opportunity is reserved for juniors, seniors or recent graduates.
- Development of ansible modules and playbooks to enable automation of expedients infrastructure.
- Develop internal tooling to assist with sales and operations functions.
- Experience with ansible, python, or cloud infrastructure, and a desire to learn similar technologies.
- Basic familiarity with git and github (or another SCM).
- Desire to pursue a career in cloud infrastructure or application development
- Pursuing/recently achieved a degree in a computer science related field, currently attending/recently graduated a bootcamp, or a demonstrated body of open-source work.
- Bonus qualifications include (but not required): Ansible, VMware, REST API's, Python, AWS, Azure.
- Comfortable working with remote teammates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive.
- Having a willingness and ability to learn quickly -- our technology, etc.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.