Entry-Level IT Support Associate Overnight
Expedient is hiring an entry-level opportunity that offers a fast-track to learning, promotion and career growth. The entry-level IT Support Associate, in our Centennial/Denver, Colorado data center, will join the Operations Support Center (OSC) team and will receive fully paid training (including industry certs) and hands-on experience with a variety of technical platforms including virtualization technology, networking, data protection, Windows, disaster recovery, Linux/Unix and infrastructure.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain valuable technical on-the-job training and experience and kick-start your IT career, you may be the perfect candidate for this role.
Expedient provides multi-cloud platforms, offers hosting and cyber security, and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions to its clients. For more information about our cloud technology and solutions, please visit us at www.expedient.com
Sponsorship is not provided. Expedient does not engage with third-party recruiting or staffing firms.
Applicants should be able to show some experience with IT and technology; acceptable experience can include self-study, technical school or work experience. However, on-the-job training covers the technology and the business of Expedient as well as learning opportunities regarding basic support requests, monitoring and client service.
The Schedule and Shift Premium: There are 3 overnight shifts available. These positions are all required to work on-site in the Denver data center facility.
The front half schedule is Sunday through Tuesday, alt. Wednesdays from 7pm-7am local time. The back half schedule is Thursday through Saturday, alt. Wednesdays from 7pm-7am local time. The flex shift is Monday through Friday from 7pm to 3am local time with the ability to adjust for coverage purposes.
These overnight positions include an additional bonus, paid out upon completion of the initial training. Additionally, lunch breaks are fully paid for all 12-hour shifts.
Professional Development & Training: Expedient places high value on professional development and education. We will cover the costs up front for our IT Support Associates to obtain relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Network + etc. Certain certifications that are higher in difficulty to obtain have attached bonuses for completion.
Rate of Pay: The hourly rate of pay is closely based on your technical experience and knowledge, work experience and/or academic experience. This entry-level role seeks a passionate candidate who is interested in pursuing a career in IT and is willing and able to learn, so any level of experience will be considered. Range of pay of $37,000 - $43,000 per year, paid out hourly, can vary depending on market and shift.
- Handle client tickets and questions, daily shift walks, routine audits, remote hands requests, etc. and escalate more complex tickets as needed.
- Follow strict security protocols to allow client access requests inside the data center using specific access control criteria.
- Follow shipping and receiving procedures to ensure the secure transport of equipment to and from the facility.
- Use the ticketing system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support.
- Previous customer-service work experience.
- Industry certifications (such as CompTIA, A+ or Network+) or equivalent work experience in an IT role or academic experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the workday in order to check in visitors.
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift to conduct hands-on assessments ensuring building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature sensors in various areas of the server room/data center.
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavy-weight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware.
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required.
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We prioritize ongoing education and continuous innovation to remain at the forefront of the information technology landscape. Our commitment to learning is reflected in our comprehensive employee training and tuition reimbursement programs, which are driven by our employees and funded by Expedient 100%.
For our full-time employees we offer an exceptional benefits package including three weeks of paid time off annually that increases with tenure plus your birthday off and a health holiday to be used for preventive care. We offer parental leave, top-tier medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance, at an affordable rate, wellness engagement opportunities, and a 401(k) with a generous match.
We also recognize the importance of a comfortable and convenient work environment. We offer a hybrid work model for many roles, paid parking and other perks.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.