Cloud Systems Engineer
Expedient is hiring a Cloud Systems Engineer to join our Delivery & Implementation team. This position will focus on the implementation and delivery of virtual cloud computing services, virtual machines with Windows or Linux OS, and disaster recovery as a service, significant depth and technical knowledge is required.
We are open to hiring this role in most cities in the continental US. We will only consider applicants who live in the United States. Sponsorship is not provided.
In addition to the Systems Engineer, we are also hiring a Cloud Network Engineer details can be found at http://careers.expedient.com/apply/Zaz9gL6yRf/Cloud-Services-Network-Engineer
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and cybersecurity and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. For more information about Expedient, please visit our website at www.expedient.com
- Ensure delivery of standard technical implementations by delivering solutions, systems, managed services and virtual environments to clients
- Follow implementation guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure Service Delivery standards and quality are met
- Ensure appropriate documentation of the implementation is generated, maintained and delivered with the implemented services for effective hand-off and transition to the Operations Support Center (OSC)
- 3+ years as a systems administrator or engineer
- Demonstrates a level of competency with many of the following technologies:
- Windows operating systems and Active Directory
- VMware vSphere v5.5 through v6.7 and storage arrays. Experience with vCloud Director and NSX are a plus
- Disaster recovery technology, not including backup solutions
- Basic UNIX commands (primary focus on Red Hat and CentOS)
- Scripting/automation/orchestration experience in a production environment (Example: Powershell, vRealize Orchestrator, Ansible, Python)
- Remote Desktop Services
- Strong understanding of basic networking principles, firewall rules, IP addressing and VLANs
- The ideal candidate possesses industry technical certifications from IT-related vendors like Microsoft and VMware
- Ability to prioritize and be productive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to identify and resolve challenging situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to be available for scheduled night and weekend implementation projects when required
Salary for this role is negotiable and estimated between $80k to $120k and is based on experience. Compensation is based on your experience, your ability to learn, your communication and customer service skills and your technical aptitude.
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying current and competitive in the tech arena. Education and training are available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program ~ costs are covered by Expedient 100%. Employee benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off per year, parental leave, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match. We offer hybrid work environment, paid parking, fully stocked kitchens, gym-membership assistance and many other benefits for our employees.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equal consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.