- Phoenix, AZ
- Full Time
- Product Strategy
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our diverse workforce designs elegant solutions to business challenges and has developed an ecosystem for business innovation. We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a repeated Top Workplace winner, and ranked as a Top 10 Managed Service Provider. We have been recognized as Partner of the Year by VMware, Cohesity, and Morpheus, among others.
We have an immediate need for a Solutions Architect (SA) to design and develop technical solutions for our clients in the Phoenix, Arizona market. This is a high-visibility position that requires a strong understanding of solution design, business, and the financial benefits of technology. The ideal SA will interact with the Expedient Sales and Service Delivery/Support teams by providing experience, industry perspective, and expert-level knowledge to design solutions for our clients. This is THE subject matter expert resource for our sales teams and our clients on the technology that Expedient provides and maintains.
Expedient will not work with 3rd party search firms.
Sponsorship is not provided.
Client engagement to educate, develop, and present solutions that support desired business outcomes. Develop trusted advisor status with client technologists and executive team members. Collaboration with internal Expedient teams to educate and develop new solutions for our clients. Continuous industry self-improvement and development. Attend in-person and remote client meetings, marketing events, and trade shows.
The 'ideal' candidate may not have mastered every item in the list below – we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of these qualifications!
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals, up to C-level executives, with varying technical skills
- Preferred: Experience with VMware virtualization with a focus on administration and design
- Advantageous: Experience with vCloud Director, NSX, and vSAN a plus
- Preferred: Familiarity or experience with hyperscale platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Preferred: Demonstrated experience in solution architecture and/or sales engineering
- Preferred: qualifying experience and certifications such as VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, AWS Solutions Architect, etc. OR a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Advantageous: Familiarity or experience with any of the following technologies – Windows, Linux, Palo Alto, Nutanix, Zerto, VMware Horizon, Citrix, Cohesity, and Commvault
- Advantageous: Familiarity with Cloud Native technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic)
- Advantageous: Understanding of switching, routing, firewalling, and load balancing
- Advantageous: Knowledge of storage technologies including concepts such as RAID and Erasure Coding
- Advantageous: Understanding of network security concepts
- Advantageous: Familiarity with backup strategies and related backup technology
- Advantageous: Experience with disaster recovery technologies and disaster recovery testing and planning
- Advantageous: An understanding of database technologies
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide proof of current personal automobile insurance to comply with company policy
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match, and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.